Saturday, November 3, 2007

Introduction

I’m the author of Fecundity, and I’m pregnant with my first child.

If your first thought was ‘Congratulations’, thanks very much. I appreciate it.

If your first thought was ‘Why would I care?’, I don’t blame you at all.

The point of this blog:

My husband and I have been married for over a decade now. We were 21 when we walked up the aisle, and we kissed our twenties goodbye almost two years ago.

We’ve always planned to have a child or two, but it took us a long time to feel prepared enough to take the plunge. One or both of us have been in post-secondary educational institutions for most of our marriage, we it’s only recently that we were able to buy our own home.

Now, for the first time ever, we both have ‘real’ jobs simultaneously. Y’know, the kind of job that come with a dental plan and a pension. No more retail work for us! At least, that’s the plan...

I thought other people might benefit from our trials and tribulations as we try to prepare for such a large change in our lives. Our plans will change, our finances will change, our priorities will change. I’m certain that how we view the world as we bring a new life into it will change. Possibly our tenuous grasp on sanity will change.

I’m going to be doing my best to learn from people who have done it before, and hopefully some of you can learn from me. You should at least be able to learn what not to do.

No comments: