Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My One Day Commitment - How'd it go?

Yesterday I made a one day commitment not to spend any money needlessly. All in all, I think I was fairly successful.

I had breakfast and dinner at home and didn't stop at either Tim Horton's or McDonalds. Approximate savings: $9.
I packed a lunch from home rather than eating in the company cafeteria. Approx: $4.
I stuck to my grocery list and didn't let my husband con me into buying chips and dip. Approx: $6.
I bought gas at $1.02 a litre for my empty car. Boooo.

I spent most of the night curled up with a book. That was nice. However I failed to go to sleep especially early because House was on. It's my favourite show, and with the writer's strike currently happening I may not get to see it for a while after they run out of scripts.

So, all in all I'd call my first foray into frugal commitments a success. Next time I'll see if I can get my husband to join me. He spent yesterday drinking a Starbucks Cappuccino Venti and eating lunch at a restaurant with his coworkers. Approximate cost: $25.

Sigh.

No comments: