Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend report: Good news, bad news.

Good news: I sent $1000 at my student loan on Friday. About $570 left to go.

Bad news: Hubby went on a weekend bachelor party and spent over $400.

Good news: Went to dinner and a movie with an old friend yesterday. Caught up on news and saw ‘Across the Universe’ which was about as close to an LSD trip as you can get while remaining law-abiding.

Bad news: Dinner sucked and cost me $16. The movie cost $12.50. Apparently we managed to locate the only theatre in the area not interested in competing price-wise with everyone else. So noted for next time.

Good news: I’ve been invited to be in a bridal party next September, which will give me the inspiration and dedication required to hopefully drop most of the baby weight I gain before then.

Bad news: I’ll also be dropping at least $200 on the dress plus alterations.

On the plus side, I get to be that bridesmaid that all dress shops must loathe. The pregnant one [evil grin].

No comments: