Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Link Roundup or What to do when writer’s block strikes.


I haven’t been feeling particularly well the last couple of days. I’m hoping it’s morning sickness’s last hurrah before getting lost for good due to my newfound second trimesterness, but I may be the victim of wishful thinking.

Anyway, the point is: I haven’t had much luck figuring out what on Earth to write about. I’ve been cruising the blogosphere in hopes of inspiration, and there have been some great posts recently...just none that have triggered a surge of creativity on my part.

So, I figured I’d cop out and link a few of the interesting ones instead:

Plonkee of Plonkee Money wrote a guest post on Get Rich Slowly about her money fears. She wonders how healthy her belief that money is security really is. I imagine this is pretty common, most especially among those of us who think and/or write a lot about finances. My personal opinion is that it’s a healthier character trait than soothing your emotions through shopping, but it’s still something that may be holding you back from enjoying your life thoroughly.

Generation X Finance posts about a CNN article on a woman in Nevada who is in danger of losing her house, apparently due to repeatedly using her home equity whenever ‘times were tough’. From the looks of things, her idea of tough times differs significantly from those of Gen X’s readers. It’s a good reality check on what your home equity should really be about, and it looks like the lady may be suffering from a skewed set of priorities.

Brip Blap has apparently done some calculating to figure out if college is worth it financially. He’s only posted a teaser so far, but I’ll be checking out his spreadsheet when he publishes it. I’m interested in the variables he’ll use, what the conclusions will be and, let’s face it, I’m an Excel geek and just want to play. I don’t know how it’ll turn out, but I do know one thing for certain: a Bachelor’s degree gained in four years is more financially sound than the same one in eight.

Lynnae from Being Frugal.net wrote a guest post on Blogging Away Debt about the kindness a stranger did her family when she was a child. It’s a heart-warming story that perhaps reminds us of a kindness someone gave us in the past, and hopefully also reminds us to do likewise in the future for someone else.

Ah ha! That’s what I can post about. Stay tuned tomorrow for my near-Christmas tale of a very kind stranger.


Picture from MS Clipart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I hope you are feeling better soon!

BB said...

Thanks for the link! I'm sorry about the morning sickness, but based on my wife's experience it's a come-and-go thing through the whole pregnancy, although the severity drops off a LOT after the first trimester...

Fecundity said...

Thanks to both of you.

According to my research, most women no longer suffer from morning sickness after about week 14 or 16, and it usually peaks between week 5 to 12. Some have it for the whole nine months, some never have it at all. Since I wasn't fortunate enough to be in the third group, I'm really hoping to be in the first.

My condolences to your wife, Steve. Blech.